Discord is a popular network for the gaming community. You may be familiar with the Discord QR Code if you are an avid Discord user. But if you’re not sure what it’s all about or how you’ll gain from employing the Discord QR Code, this post is a must-read for you.
What is Discord QR Code Login?
Discord QR code login is a tool that allows users to gain quick, appropriate, and secure access to their Discord account. If you use QR code login to access your Discord account, you can join without inputting your account log-in credentials; instead, simply scan the QR code presented on the login screen to get started.
However, most users are unaware of how to scan a QR code to gain access to their Discord account. This blog post will teach you everything you need to know about using this way to log into your Discord account.
How to Use Discord QR Code Log in?
To use a QR code to log in to your Discord account, you must have the Discord mobile app installed on your device. In reality, the QR code scanning feature is accessible on both Discord for Android (through the Google Play Store) and Discord for iOS (via the Apple App Store).
Log in with your account credentials after installing the Discord app on your mobile device. After that, you can log into the Discord desktop or browser client at any moment by scanning a QR code with the app. Here’s how you scan your login code and gain access to your account.
- Start the Discord app.
- Select the Scan QR Code option from the User Settings Menu!
- It will then ask for camera permissions; if you have already granted them, you are ready to scan!
- Simply place the scanner in front of the box with the QR code displayed on the screen as soon as it opens.
- After scanning the QR code, you must verify and approve the current login attempt.
- Your desktop device or browser client will be logged in as soon as you authorize it.
- That’s all there is to it, and you’re ready to go!
1) You can also scan the QR code with any other program that supports QR scanning, such as the Camera app. In this scenario, you will be directed to the Discord app for additional scanning and approval.
2) In general, QR codes are only valid for 2 minutes, and if you fail to scan the created QR code within that time, you must re-generate the Discord QR code for a successful login attempt. You can generate a new QR code by simply refreshing the login page or restarting the desktop Discord app!
But what if you need to log off that device? So the procedure remains the same as before. Let’s have a look.
To log out of the device on which you have logged in using the Discord QR code, follow these steps:
- Go to User Settings and
- Then select the Log Out option to log out of the desktop or browser client.
That’s it. You have just logged out of the device until your next login!
Discord QR Code Login – Some Precautionary Measure
As previously stated, accessing your account using the Discord QR code is much simpler than you might believe. It will provide you with complete control over the devices that can access the verification page. However, if you can prevent the login attempt against the incorrectly scanned QR code. Here is a list of preventative measures you might consider:
- Never approve a QR code login that you did not create. If you received a QR code that took you to the login verification screen, tap cancel immediately.
- If you authorize a login by mistake, change your Discord password immediately to log out of all devices.
- Always remember that every QR code login requires your consent, so look for that verification page and never verify a login attempt that is not being requested by you.
- Be wary of phishing attempts. If you receive a request from a questionable individual or a stranger requesting you to log in using a QR code, they are most likely attempting to phish your account.
Scan a QR code from your Discord mobile app and connect it to a new desktop computer or browser client, no matter where you are. This blog post will walk you through the process of using a Discord QR code to access your Discord account. Furthermore, it has made you aware of safety concerns and advice to remember when utilizing the Discord QR code. I hope this knowledge is useful to you.