It is true that subtitles can help those who are deaf or those who are watching in a noisy environment. When a segment of a show or film is dubbed into a different language, subtitles aid comprehension. However, several people have complained about a problem with Disney + episodes and movies that involve subtitles. If you’re one of those people who’s having issues with subtitles on Disney+ (Disney+), we’ve got some fast workarounds for you. Yes, even if they appear to be absent, or out of sync with your favorite shows and movies? You must read this article.
As a result, let’s get down to the business of solving the problem of Disney Plus subtitles not working.
How to enable Closed-Captions/Subtitles on Disney+?
Using the closed-captioning tool in your device’s settings, you can customize the look of the subtitles to better suit your tastes while watching. Following the procedures outlined below, you can activate it on your phone or tablet.
For Android Users
- Open the Disney Plus app on your phone or tablet to begin.
- Select the Accessibility option in the Settings.
- Closed Captioning Preferences can be found here.
- The feature can be activated by pressing the Enable button.
For iOS Users
- Open the Disney Plus app on your phone or tablet to begin.
- Accessibility can be found in the Settings menu.
- Open Closed Caption & Captioning by selecting Listen from the menu.
- Closed Captions + SDH must be enabled to complete the process.
- That’s all there is to it. You can now enjoy subtitles on your device after following the procedures outlined above.
Subtitles Issues encountered by Disney Plus users
When it comes to subtitles or closed-captioning, viewers typically have differing opinions. Some movie and TV buffs use them as a convenient tool because they can easily read outlines and gain a deeper understanding of what they’re watching. Other people, on the other hand, simply don’t want to be disturbed when watching a movie or TV show because of the subtitles.
The following is a list of frequently reported problems with Disney Plus, as reported by its customers:
- Apparently, the subtitles aren’t working.
- The subtitles are not playing in time with the audio.
- Parts of the subtitles are obscured or missing entirely.
- The subtitles have a jarring design and a dark background that is difficult to read.
- The subtitles are displayed in the incorrect spot.
Reasons behind Disney Plus subtitles not working
A number of factors could be at play if you’re seeing the Disney Plus subtitles problem. However, most of the time, these issues are caused by a technical fault at the backend. It’s also possible that an outdated version of the Disney+ app or a few glitches is to blame for these troubles. A corrupted app database or a faulty subtitle setting may be at blame.
Regardless of your feelings toward subtitles, if your Disney Plus subscription isn’t operating properly, you’ll need to learn how to solve the problem. Let’s get started right away with the best remedies to fix the Disney Plus subtitles not working issue on multiple devices, no matter what the cause is.
How to fix Disney Plus subtitles not working?
Here is a step-by-step guide to resolving the problem in question.
Fix#1 Restart/reboot your device
You must initially try to fix the problem using the most basic troubleshooting techniques. Restarting/rebooting your device has worked for many people, and you can do the same to repair the problem.
It’s easy to restart your streaming device by pressing the power button and waiting a few minutes. This may be able to solve the issue at hand. Other options are shown below in case that doesn’t work.
Fix#2 Re-launch the application or refresh the page
An application flaw or error can cause subtitle issues from time to time, as previously noted. Taking that into consideration, you should either close the app and reopen it or if you’re using the desktop version, just refresh the page on your browser.
When it comes to Disney Plus subtitles not working, it’s important to note that a simple app restart or a page refresh fixes many common faults and flaws, so you can have the problem repaired.
Fix#3 Update your Disney Plus app
Make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version of the Disney+ app if you’re having trouble streaming material from the service on devices like Android and iOS and the like. If it’s available for your app, download it and install it to see if the subtitles problem has been resolved.
To see if an update is available, Look for a new Disney+ update in the Play Store or other app store on your device. If an update is available, install it on your phone.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if it doesn’t solve the problem.
Fix#4 Uninstall & re-install the Disney Plus app
Installing and reinstalling the program can often resolve subtitles difficulties quickly and easily. In order to do this, follow these instructions:
- Uninstall the app first, then reboot your phone.
- Install the most recent version of the Disney Plus app on your smartphone by going to the Play Store or the appropriate app store.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app and see if the subtitles are working properly.
Fix#5 Clear Cache data
It’s possible that your Disney Plus app or browser has corrupted data and cache, causing the subtitle error. Using the techniques outlined below, you can resolve the issue in such cases:
- Take a look at your device’s Settings menu.
- Now, navigate to the Applications section and then click on Disney+
- Select Force Stop from the menu that appears when you tap on Disney+ Here.
- Next, press the back button, and then select the Clear Cache option from the menu that appears.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved by confirming the action and performing it again.
Fix#6 Change Subtitles settings
Disney Plus subtitles not working properly could potentially be caused by subtitle settings. The subtitle option can be changed to correct the problem. To accomplish this, you must first perform the following actions:
- Open the Disney+ app on your phone or tablet.
- Play the movie or TV show of your choice.
- Open the Subtitles tab in the video controls now.
- To return to your current viewing, switch off the subtitles.
- Select your favorite language by returning to the subtitles and making your selection there.
Subtitling options can be tweaked by clicking on Settings > Subtitling and selecting a different style.
Make that the issue has been resolved after you’ve completed the task.
Fix#7 Try to stream some other content
For some movies and TV shows on Disney Plus, subtitles might not be playable at all because of technical difficulties. If this is the case with the material you are currently watching, try to stream some other video to see if the problem is with a specific title or the platform as a whole.
Fix#8 Contact the support team of Disney Plus
When all else fails, you can reach out to the Disney Plus Help Center for assistance with subtitle-related issues that you’re encountering on your device. Inform them of the problem and ask for assistance in resolving the Disney Plus app subtitles not working issue using emails or other practical means of contact.
So that’s it for the Disney Plus subtitles not functioning solution we can provide. Wishing you the best of luck in dealing with the matter.