Active Redditors are always on the go. They not only read favourite subreddits, but they also aggressively post comments, provide feedback, share ideas with other users, and keep interesting conversations flowing via private messages. This way, they always have a full Inbox, which necessitates good inbox management skills, including the ability to delete unwanted messages. If you are a Reddit user who sends and receives a lot of messages, you should know how to delete messages on Reddit.
Here’s a comprehensive text guide on deleting Reddit Inbox messages. But first, let’s talk about something else.
Messaging on Reddit:
Reddit is an online social community of registered users who can post on a variety of topics ranging from news to strange gossip, entertainment to education, and so on. Almost anything can be found online. Reddit, like other social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, will have a messaging feature for its users to communicate with other Redditors.
Additionally, Reddit allows you to delete messages. You can use this function if you accidentally sent a message to the wrong person or simply to keep your Inbox organised. It should be noted, however, that you can only delete private messages received from other Redditors, not messages sent to and received by other Redditors. As a result, a copy of such messages will remain in the other person’s inbox until they delete it. As a result, when sending PMs on Reddit, you must exercise extreme caution.
If you don’t know how to delete messages on Reddit and want to learn how, this guide will walk you through the process. Continue reading to learn how to delete Reddit messages.
Deleting Reddit Inbox Messages via Desktop Browser
To delete Reddit Inbox Messages on a desktop browser, follow the steps below:
- Launch Reddit and Login to your Reddit account with valid credentials
- Go to your Reddit message inbox.
- Look for the message you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘delete’ button that appears next to the selected message.
- Confirm to delete when the confirmation window pops up on the screen.
That is all you need to do to delete inbox messages received from other Reddit users.
Deleting Reddit Messages via Mobile App
After a lengthy wait, Reddit users can now delete Inbox messages from the mobile app. Messages can be deleted on both Android and iOS devices. To delete messages, follow the steps outlined below:
- Launch Reddit App on your android or iOS.
- Login to your account with valid credentials.
- Go to your chat box, provided next to post button.
- Locate the message you want to delete.
- Long press on the message, “Delete” and “Copy” options will appear. Select delete to proceed.
- Again tap on “Delete” from the pop up which will delete the said message.
Note: Because Reddit accounts are synced between desktop and mobile, deleting PMs via the desktop browser will update them on your mobile device and vice versa. When you delete a message from one platform, the changes are reflected when you log into another.
Deleting a Chat Message:
TThe chat function is distinct and technically distinct from Reddit’s private messaging tool. You can delete chat messages as a Reddit user, but the process varies depending on which platform you’re using to delete the message.
- In case of the web browser, you need to hover over the message you want to delete, and then click on the trash icon to remove that message.
- In case of the iOS and Android app, you are required to press and hold a sent message and then select Delete message option to get rid of that message.
Note: Because Reddit accounts are synced between desktop and mobile, deleting PMs from your desktop browser will update them on your mobile device, and vice versa. When you delete a message on one platform, the changes are reflected on the other.