If you’re a fan of social media, you’ll want to have a picture-perfect Facebook profile picture. If you’re looking to use a specific image from your collection as your Facebook profile picture but haven’t been able to get it placed correctly, this blog post will help you achieve your goal. So keep reading to learn how to keep your Facebook profile picture from being cropped.
To make things even easier for you on Facebook, this article will also give you some helpful tidbits and tricks. I’ll give you an example now…
About Profile Images on Facebook:
Facebook’s interface is constantly changing and surprising its users with new twists and turns. However, the profile picture and cover photo are the only two images that remain on the main Facebook profile page for an extended period of time.
You’ll notice that your profile picture is displayed in a circular shape, while your cover photo is displayed in a rectangular box.
In order to give your profile an eye-catching appearance, careful consideration must be given to these two. Choose the right dimensions and pixels for these two photos to enhance your Facebook profile’s visual appeal.
Actually, you may have already noticed this when you upload or change an image for your profile picture or cover. In other words, if you want to use images, you need to know their exact dimensions. In the following section of the article, you’ll be able to learn more about this topic.
What’s The Exact Size Of Facebook Profile Picture Size:
If you’re curious about the exact dimensions of the Facebook profile picture, here are some examples of how the picture appears on various devices.
- For Desktop / Laptop view – 180 by 180 pixels
- For Mobile Phones (both Android and iOS) – 128 by 128 pixels
Note: It is to remember that above mentioned the size is only what is displayed on the device’s screen but not the size in which it is uploaded or stored in Facebook’s database.
As a result of this, you may wonder how Facebook’s Algorithm works when uploading a profile picture. and why is it cropped in this way? So let’s go on to find answers for these questions.
How Facebook Adjust Profile Pic:
There’s no limit on the size of the photograph that you can use as your Facebook profile picture. When uploading a Facebook profile picture, your image is automatically cropped to a square shape, making it a challenge to find the correct image size. It’s important to keep in mind, however, that when you’re cropping an image on Facebook, you’ll lose either the height or the width. For example, if the image is 640 x 480 pixels, it will be cropped so that it is 480 x 480 pixels in size (h).
Keeping this in mind, you should aim to take a square photo of yourself in the middle of the frame so that you can see yourself more clearly on the screen. However, there are a number of simple tricks you can use to avoid having to crop your profile picture. As a result, let’s learn how to upload a full-size profile picture to Facebook without having to crop it first:
How to Upload Facebook Profile Picture without Cropping:
On Facebook, these are the ways to avoid having your profile picture cropped.
- Hack 1: Using the Facebook Classic Interface on Desktop.
- Hack 2: Using Facebook Lite App
- Hack 3: Using Facebook Mobile Version (m.facebook.com)
Let’s get into stepwise details subject to each of these hacks and tricks:
Hack 1: Using the Facebook Classic Interface on Desktop.
Using the Classic Facebook Interface with Skip Cropping Option, you can upload a full-sized Facebook profile picture. You must have the Classic Facebook Interface installed on your desktop in order to use this method. A “Skip Cropping” option is built into the Facebook Profile Image Uploader. However, Facebook has removed this feature from the New Facebook Interface, making it inaccessible to a large number of users.
Facebook Classic Interface is no longer available, but some Facebook users have been using third-party Google Chrome extensions like “Switch to Classic design on Facebook” to access it. In light of the risks, we can’t recommend that you use these extensions.
Thus you can go on to try either of the hacks given below.
Hack 2: Using Facebook Lite App
The Facebook Lite Mobile App is another option for uploading a profile picture that doesn’t require cropping. It’s as simple as posting an image of your choice on your timeline and then selecting the “Make it Profile Picture” option. The following steps can be taken into consideration:
- Launch Facebook Lite App on your mobile device.
- Upload or post the image (which you want to have on your “Profile Picture”) on your timeline. You can preferably change the privacy settings to “Only Me” before posting as this is a provisional post and can be hide.
- Now open the posted image in full view and click on the 3 vertical dots provided on top right of image.
- An option called “Make Profile Picture” will now appear on the screen. Tap on it and confirm to get the image as your Profile Picture without any cropping.
Note: For some reason, this feature is not available in the Facebook app’s main menu. There currently isn’t an iPhone app for the Lite version of Facebook
Hack 3: Using Facebook Mobile Version (m.facebook.com)
Another way to avoid cropping when uploading a Facebook profile picture is similar to the one described above. Both Android and iPhone devices can be hacked with this method. The following are the steps that must be taken:
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to m.facebook.com
- Upload or post the image (which you want to have on your “Profile Picture”) on your timeline. You can preferably change the privacy settings to “Only Me” before posting as this is a provisional post and can be deleted later.
- Now open the posted image in full view
- An option called “Make Profile Picture” will now appear below the image. Tap it.
- It will then ask if you want to Switch back to original profile picture after some time period. Make selection as per your preference. Selecting ‘Never’ means you don’t want to switch back.
- As soon as you do that the full image is placed as the Profile Picture without any cropping.
Thank you for reading; I hope it was helpful. Share this article with your Facebook friends and family to show them how to upload a Facebook profile picture without cropping and not crop their own.