Twitch is the video gamer’s version of heaven on earth. Hacks and suggestions can be streamed live on this social network, which has more than a million registered broadcasters Any topic of interest can be streamed, from food and travel to literature and everything in between, in addition to games. It’s possible that some users will be easy to follow, while others will be unpleasant and difficult to navigate. Twitch allows its users to block or unblock other fellow users to help handle such troublesome users. As someone new to Twitch or someone who is interested in learning how to block and unblock users on the platform, you may have found your way to this page.
Learn how to block and unblock people on Twitch by reading this blog post.
Managing Difficult People on Twitch:
It’s only natural that you’ll meet a diverse range of people in this virtual world; some of them will be easy to get along with, while others may prove problematic. In order to deal with folks like these on Twitch, you can just block their account. Just tap/click three vertical lines and select the option to block someone.
Even if you misjudge a person and block them or inadvertently block a friend, it is still possible to unblock them. Unblocking someone on Twitch is possible if it happens. Scroll down to learn how to unblock someone on Twitch using the methods listed below.
How to Unblock Someone on Twitch App:
Unblocking a user on Twitch is not complicated, however the procedure may differ based on the device you’re working with. The Twitch App, which is accessible for both Android and iOS, is the most popular way to do this.
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of the process now.
Unblocking Twitch user on iOS:
- On your iOS device, open the Twitch app and begin streaming.
- Go to the landing page’s upper left corner and select Profile from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Visit your account settings.
- The next step is to select Security & Privacy.
- A section titled Blocked Users appears on the Security & Privacy page, which lists all Blocked users with an Unblock button next to each of them.
- The pop-up message “Are you sure you want to unblock (username)?” will appear when you tap the Unblock button next to the user you want to unblock.
- The user will no longer be listed under “banned” when you click on Unblock to remove the restriction.
In contrast to an iOS device, there is no straightforward way to unblock a user on an Android device. However, in the following section of this post, we’ll look at a few different methods for unblocking someone on Android.
Unblocking Twitch user on Android Device:
The Android app does not have a direct unblock option, thus you’ll have to join in to Twitch TV on the web browser in order to complete the process.
Unblocking someone on Twitch TV or the Twitch website can be done in the following ways:
- Access Twitch TV via the internet.
- Take a look at your profile by clicking the profile button at the top right corner.
- Select Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Select Security and Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- An option for Blocked Users can be found in this area. Show Blocked Users by clicking on the Show Blocked Users button.
- To remove a user from your blocked list, simply click the Delete icon next to their name.
- Since you’ve unblocked the user, the username will disappear from the list when you click the Delete symbol.
Note: Twitch TV and the Twitch mobile apps are in sync, therefore unblocking a user from Twitch TV will automatically unblock them from the mobile app.
There’s an option to ban and unblock users right from the chatbox on Android devices. To achieve this, go through the steps listed below:
- Join Twitch from your Android phone or tablet.
- Go to the stream’s chat room now.
- Try to remember their name.
- Once you have done that, select Unblock from the drop-down menu.
In addition to the preceding techniques, a third-party website t.3v.fi can be used to unblock someone on Twitch using an Android device. Unblocking a Twitch user is as simple as following the procedures outlined below.
- Visit t.3v.fi for more information.
- To sign in with Twitch, select the Sign In With Twitch option.
- You’ll be prompted to input your Twitch credentials, so do so and click the Login button.
- After logging in, you will get a list of all the prohibited users.
- In order to remove a user from this list, all you have to do is click on the “X” mark in front of them.
Note: Unblocking someone via the Twitch website is the only option if you’re not confident with third-party software.