We’re all gamers, and we’re all drawn to action-packed, adrenaline-pumping games. Star Citizen is one such engrossing and exhilarating game. Multiplayer and single-player versions of this game about a spaceship are both readily switchable in the game’s menu. The game has a few flaws, but it’s a popular choice for many players. At times, customers encounter various errors that force them to remove the game. Then here is the instruction for you: How to Uninstall Star Citizen will teach you all you need to know.
First of all, let’s have a look at some of the most typical issues that people encounter while playing Star Citizen.
Top Reasons to Uninstall Star Citizen:
The following are some of the most prevalent issues that may lead you to consider uninstalling Star Citizen:
- Disk space or memory issue is the most prevalent difficulty reported by Star Citizen players. Gamers may not be able to save enough data on their devices. You’ll get errors not only during the installation but also thereafter if your hard drive doesn’t have enough room for the game to run.
- Star Citizen necessitates a machine with a better configuration in order to run properly. In order to play the game, your PC must meet the following minimal requirements:
- Intel i7 processor (3rd generation at least), 12-16 GB of RAM (DDR4 minimum), and 2 GB graphics card are required.
- Additionally, you’ll need a high-quality graphics card in order to get the most out of your gaming experience. For Star Citizen, a GTX 780 or Radeon 290 graphics card is highly recommended.
You may consider uninstalling the game if you encounter any of the above-mentioned issues. Uninstalling Star Citizen can be accomplished in a number of ways.
How to Uninstall Star Citizen?
Method 1: Delete the Star Citizen Game Launcher
In order to remove Star Citizen, delete the Star Citizen game launcher from your computer. To get rid of the Star Citizen Launcher, follow the instructions listed below:
For users of WINDOWS 10 –
- Open Settings by clicking the gear-shaped symbol in the lower left corner of the Windows menu.
- In the settings menu, you will see a search bar at the top of your screen. To uninstall an application, go to the ‘add or remove programmes’ menu and choose ‘uninstall a programme.’
- Find and click on the Star Citizen Game Launcher.
- Uninstall will show on the screen as soon as you do that, so click on that choice to get started with the process of uninstalling.
For users of WINDOWS 7 –
- Look for the control panel in the Windows menu.
- Navigate to File > Program.
- Click the Star Citizen Game Launcher in the programme menu once you’ve found it.
- In order to remove Star Citizen, select the uninstall option that will come on the screen at this point.
Method 2: Delete Cloud Imperium Game
Cloud Imperium Game can also be deleted in order to remove Star Citizen. It is important to know that if you uninstall Cloud Imperium Game, all of the game files on your PC will be deleted as well. Remove Cloud Imperium Game by following these instructions:
- Right-click on the Star Citizen file in your programmes and files folder.
- It’s time to remove this app from your device.
Alternately, in the event you are unable to locate a copy of the Star Citizen data,
- Go to the programme files (x86)
- Delete the folder containing the Cloud Imperium Game file.
- Ensure that the folder in question has been removed from your recycle bin by doing a clean out.
Method 3: Delete the User Folder
If you’re using Windows10, removing the user folder is an easy approach to remove Star Citizen. To remove it, you must follow the steps outlined below:
You can re-install the game after deleting the ‘user folder’ folder from your Windows computer’s programme files.
- Select Program Files from the C Drive of your Windows PC.
- Right-click on “users” and select “open.”
- The final step is to delete this folder in order to uninstall Star Citizen.
Method 4: Delete the RSI Launcher
If the previously described ways didn’t accomplish your goal of uninstalling Star Citizen, another viable option is to remove the RSI launcher. Here are the steps you need to follow to complete the task:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command.
- Press the Enter key after typing “percent AppData percent” into the window.
- Right-click on the rsilauncher folder in the Roaming box that appears.
- Afterwards, click the Delete button.
- Take a second look at the Run command line window.
- Enter the command percent LocalAppData percent in the window.
- Right-click on the StarCitizen folder in the Roaming window and select “Open with” from the menu that appears.
After that, click Delete.
- To reopen the Run command prompt, click the Start button.
Press the Enter key after typing percent ProgramFiles% in the window.
- Make a right-click on the Roberts Space Industries folder.
After that, click Delete.
- In the Recycle Bin on your desktop, delete all three folders listed above so that they are removed from your computer altogether.
You need to save your custom files while utilising the aforesaid approach to delete Star Citizen. You can follow these steps to save your most important custom settings:
How to Save Your Custom Files:
Following these steps will allow you to store your files in a custom setting:
- Robbert space industries can be found in the Program files.
- Then pick the Live folder by clicking on Star Citizen and then clicking on it again.
- Select Users, Controls, and Mapping from the Live folder
Create a new temporary folder and move the custom files into it.