iPhone Calendar Virus Removal iOS 14/iOS 13/iOS 12/iOS 15: You might be worried that your iPhone Calendar has been hacked or infected if you’ve noticed odd appointments or reminders popping up in the app. Most likely, you have subscribed to a third-party calendar that is sending you unwanted spam appointments.
Sadly, more and more people are encountering this invasive form of calendar on their iPhones; even members of the Macworld team have fallen victim to this vexing trend.
Even though it’s not technically a virus, getting a slew of new iPhone appointments can seem like you’ve been infected with one. Thankfully, the iPhone Calendar Virus should be simple to eradicate. Learn how to get rid of calendar spam on your iPhone and safeguard yourself from future attacks.
HOW DOES IPHONE ACTUALLY GET CALENDAR VIRUS?
Calendar spam on iPhones is very similar to phishing emails. To trick users into clicking on malicious links, cybercriminals replicate legitimate-looking text messages, emails, websites, and pop-ups. Furthermore, when the user accidentally clicks on these links, they are taken to the Calendar app. The iPhone’s factory settings allow spam calendar invitations to be sent even if you reject them.
Apple is to blame in part because it enables anyone, including those who aren’t in your contacts, to send calendar invites to your iPhone. Calendar users are especially vulnerable to phishing attempts since they aren’t expecting to encounter spam links on the program. These sites could be infected with malware or contain malicious scripts that could be used to steal your personal information.
IPHONE CALENDAR VIRUS REMOVAL IOS 14, IOS 15 & OTHER VERSIONS
It’s possible that spam events are showing up in the calendar app because many email accounts have been hacked in the past. Turn off alerts on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 15 by blocking access to your calendar.
- Select Calendar by tapping the Settings menu.
- Choose the Accounts menu item.
- I was able to access more settings for my Gmail account by tapping on the account itself.
- Turn off “Calendars” by toggling the switch.
- Select “Delete from my iPhone/iPad” to remove the item permanently.
I’m not singling out Google Mail here, but it will now remove any events that were added by third-party software. Stop any unrecognized services from accessing the Calendar app.
HOW TO FIX IPHONE CALENDAR VIRUS
At some time, everyone will find spam apps annoying, and you already know that this is bad for us and our device. Downloading a calendar from a spam account by accident is the most common cause of calendar spam.
The spam/virus calendar can be easily removed on an iPhone by deleting it from the settings menu.
HOW TO REMOVE IPHONE CALENDAR VIRUS IOS 13 AND OLDER VERSIONS
- To access the Calendar, click the app’s icon.
- Calendars can be accessed by tapping the icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Find a calendar that doesn’t look like any other calendar you’ve seen. Select More Info to view specifics about the selected calendar, then select Delete Calendar from the drop-down menu.
If it doesn’t work, remove the subscription from the calendar under Settings.
- Launch the device’s configuration utility.
- Simply navigate to Accounts > Calendar. Additionally, if you’re using iOS 13, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Accounts.
- Select Calendar Subscriptions.
- Explore the office for a calendar you don’t recognise. It’s a button you should tap, then follow with the Delete Account option.
CONCLUSION OF HOW TO GET RID OF IPHONE CALENDAR VIRUS 2021 GUIDE
I trust you have resolved the issue and eliminated the virus from your iOS 14, iOS 13, iOS 15, or other version iPhone calendar.
Please let us know what you think of this post by sharing it with your friends and leaving comments down below. https://indiantricks.in/ has all the latest information, so check back often.