Many different apps and services can be found running in the background on Android devices. The majority of these system apps are misunderstood by users, who believe them to be malware or spyware. The purpose of this blog post is to explain LIA Informant – what it is – and how it works.
To help you understand LIA Informant, we’ll cover everything from its purpose to how it works in a step-by-step manner. We’ll also tell you how to get rid of it once it’s installed. When it comes to learning about LIA Informant, there is no better place to start than here.
LIA Informant – What is it?
The “Smart Notice” widget in the “LIA Informant” system app provides access to LG support information. When using an LG G series android phone, you’ll find the app pre-installed. LG smartphone users can utilise the Smart Notice Widget in a variety of ways and customise it using a wide range of useful features.
Known as LIA Informant, this system app has the package name “com.lge.ia.task.informant”. The Smart Notice widget makes use of LIA Informant to keep all relevant data from other system apps up to date.
LIA Informant: How it works?
As soon as the device has properly booted, the system application Lia Informant begins functioning in the background. As an informant for Smart Widget and other LG services, it gathers data from those services and shares it with your phone.
In a sense, LIA Informant is a one-stop shop for a variety of useful features, including as preserving battery life, cleaning up storage, and alerting the user to any incoming calls or messages that are very vital. It provides the Smart Widget with the information it needs to perform its intended function.
LIA Informant – Permissions and Access
In order to use the app, you’ll need to grant it access to a wide range of Android permissions, from making phone calls to accessing your network connection. Here are the most important ones:
- Phone Call Logs
- Text Messages
- Mobile Network
- Phone Stats
- Calendar Events
- SD Card Contents
LIA Informant – is it Safe to have on your phone?
When it comes to the LIA Informant, most users are sceptical and frequently hunt for answers to the question, “Is it spyware?” LIA Informant does not appear to be spyware, thus the solution is obvious. It is a system application that is entirely secure to have on your Android phone because it was developed by LG.
LIA Informant: “com.lge.ia.task.informant – has stopped working” error
LIA Informant has ceased working or com.lge.ia.task has unexpectedly stopped, and you don’t know how to fix it. Please read this article. Clearing the system app’s cache is all you need to fix most of the problems. If the issue persists and you’re considering deleting the app, please see the next section.
LIA Informant – How to Remove/Uninstall it?
However, if you don’t require it, you must know how to get around LIA Informant. If you want to delete it, you’ll have to use the system’s uninstall option. In fact, you’ll need special access, such as root, to perform this. In order to utilise the System app removal programme, which is designed to get rid of system apps and packages from your Android, you must first root your phone. Here’s how to use the system app uninstaller to remove LIA Informant from your computer.
Steps to Uninstall LIA Informant via System App Remover
- Begin by downloading the Play Store app remover to your computer.
- To use the app, open it from the app drawer on your phone after you have installed it.
- You’ll be prompted to grant root permissions shortly. Be careful to grant them all.
- You’ll then want to search for the system app “task informant” in the app store. Enable “display package name” if you’re just seeing app names in your list of apps
- The LIA Informant programme package can be found by searching for it, then selecting it and pressing the Uninstall button.
- By choosing Yes, you’ll be able to proceed with the removal process.
The end. Upon completion of the uninstallation, you will receive a notification message.
Because you can always recover deleted system apps from the Recycle bin, this is a very safe option to use. To put it another way, if for some reason your LG phone stops working properly after you uninstall the app, you have the option of restoring it and making it work again.
It is possible to remove Lia Informant using PowerShell commands if you have a computer with Windows.
Steps to Uninstall LIA Informant via Command Prompt on PC
- Go to Settings>Developers Option>Enable USB Debugging to get started.
- Your Windows PC should now be equipped with an Android Debug Bridge (ADB). It will allow you to control your Android device from a computer.
- Extract the ZIP archive to a new folder after downloading.
- Then, open the folder you just extracted, and open the Command Prompt or PowerShell in it. The Shift key and a right-click on an empty section of the folder will accomplish this. You can now see the option to open a PowerShell window by clicking on it.
- To use your phone on a PC, you’ll need a USB cord to connect it.
- In PowerShell, type “adb devices” to start the daemon. Once the connection has been established, you will be able to see the serial key for the device. You’re ready to use your phone’s commands to make adjustments.
- To uninstall com.lge.ia.task.informant, run “adb shell pm uninstall –user 0” in PowerShell and press Enter.
Your LG phone will now be free of the LIA Informant.
Note: LIA Informant is completely safe to uninstall. Additionally, you can download this programme from a third-party marketplace and install it on your device.
As far as LIA Informant goes, that’s all we have to tell you. Hopefully, this post will be helpful to you.