If you are a Verizon subscriber who attempted to connect with the intended individual but were unable to do so, you may have encountered the “Verizon wireless cannot make calls” error. Ever wonder why the “new iPhone cannot make Verizon calls”? There is no reason to be perplexed if you are no longer able to reach someone or are unable to make calls using the Verizon wireless network, as we will provide you with detailed information on this issue and allow you to repair it with simplicity.
So without further ado, let’s begin…..
Verizon, founded in 2000 as a joint venture between American telecommunications company Bell Atlantic, is the largest wireless carrier in the United States. This American cellular network operator has over 121,3 million users as of the end of the second quarter of 2021. It was the entity that would eventually become Verizon Communications.
Despite the fact that Verizon is the top service provider, the “Verizon wireless cannot make calls” issue may occasionally appear on your phone. Let’s continue reading to discover the causes and solutions for this problem.
What Results In Barring Outgoing Calls On Verizon Wireless?
There are a variety of reasons why you might not be able to make calls on a Verizon cellphone. Several of the most frequent causes of this inaccuracy are as follows:
- Smartphone software has become obsolete.
- You have enabled airplane mode on your phone.
- Weak network signals.
- An uncommon technical error.
What To Do When You Won’t Be Able To Make Calls On Verizon?
Try some basic troubleshooting or do-it-yourself solutions if you are unable to make calls on Verizon wireless and are experiencing difficulties. These consist of:
- Check for the most recent software updates for your phone and install them.
- Activate the Airplane mode and then deactivate it using the toggle button next to it on your iPhone.
- Examine the signal’s intensity; confirm that you are receiving a strong signal, and if not, go to a different room or place with better reception.
- If the “New iPhone won’t make calls on Verizon” issue remains after implementing the basic troubleshooting techniques described in the article, you can attempt a few more solutions.
- Here is a summary of the ways you can take to resolve the aforementioned issue.
Method# 1: Restart Your iPhone
If you are unable to make calls using the Verizon network on your New iPhone, you must first restart the device. As it will allow you to eliminate a few minor issues that may be preventing outgoing calls. To restart your phone, please follow the procedures outlined below:
- Press and hold the power button and the volume key (up or down) for a few seconds.
- You will see a screen with the option to “slide to power off.” Simply slide the power off button to turn the iPhone off.
- Now, wait a few seconds before pressing and holding the power button to restart the iPhone.
- Try calling now to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method#2: Reinsert The Sim Card Into Your iPhone.
The sim card may not be properly installed in your new iPhone, which could be one of the causes of call-making difficulties. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you must first ensure that the SIM card is properly installed. To accomplish this, you must take the following actions:
- Take off the case (if any).
- SIM tray can be opened with the SIM ejector.
- Remove the SIM card and reinsert it following a thorough dusting.
- Insert the SIM card again and recheck.
Method#3: Carry Out A Factory Reset On Your iPhone
Your last remaining choice is to Restore your phone to its factory settings. However, you must verify that you have a backup of your phone’s data before applying the factory reset procedure to your new iPhone to fix the Verizon wireless problem that prevents you from making calls. The following are the steps for conducting a factory reset on your iPhone:
- Access the Settings menu from the app drawer.
- Select the General option by scrolling down and tapping the corresponding option.
- Look for Transfer or Reset iPhone and tap it.
- Reset is located under the Transfer or Reset iPhone heading.
- Tap Reset and then select Reset Network Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Wait a few seconds as things are completed.
- Upon completion of the procedure, you may be able to make a call.
Well, that concludes the discussion. Using the options outlined in this article, you may be able to fix the issue where your new iPhone won’t make calls through Verizon.