Using a standard-size printer, you’d like to make a poster-sized copy of an image you liked. If you’re wondering how to print a poster on multiple pages on a Mac, this article will show you how to do it quickly and efficiently.
It is our goal to inform and assist you in getting the best results when printing a large image on multiple pages.
It’s time to get started, then. Continue to learn more about by reading on.
Why to print a large image on multiple pages?
To promote an event, business, or something else, you may need to create a banner or poster that requires a large image to print. There are times when multiple sheets or pages are needed to print a single image, rather than a single sheet of paper. This can be done by using raster-bated or tiled paper.
Most of the tools for printing large images on multiple pages work the same way on both Macs and Windows PCs, so it doesn’t matter which operating system you use.
When it comes to printing multiple images on a Mac, we’ve covered the process.
How to print a picture on multiple pages on Mac?
Printing large images on multiple pages was common on older Macintosh systems, but this feature has been removed from the latest updates.
A poster can be printed on multiple pages, however. If you want to print a large image on multiple pages, Mac has an in-built feature called Pages. Then there are third-party apps such as Adobe Acrobat Reader and Photoshop that are also available.
For your convenience, we’ve outlined a two-step process for getting a print of your favourite image.
Step 1: Creating a Poster-sized image or Enlarging other image
The first step is to create a print-ready image. This is a great option if the image is large enough to print. However, if it isn’t, you’ll have to first create or enlarge an image to make it fit on a poster. It is possible to create a large poster or wall art and then print it on multiple pages using a variety of Mac and Windows apps (like PosteRazor, Rasterbator, SplitPrint, TilePhotos, etc.).
Here are a few examples of how to make use of the aforementioned software:
Using PosteRazor App for creating poster:
If you have a Mac or Windows computer, you can download PosteRazor for free. It is possible to download PosteRazor from the app’s official website or by visiting this page. With this app, you can enlarge a regular photo to the size of a poster. For Mac users, the following are the steps for creating posters or increasing the size of an image with this programme.
- Visit PosteRazor’s official website and click on the Downloads link.
- To begin the download, look for OSX Version (Universal Binary) and click it.
- Open the setup file you downloaded and follow the instructions.
- Launch the PosteRazor App after it has been installed on your Mac.
- Put or upload the image you want to enlarge and specify the criteria and size details in the dialogue boxes that follow.
- Create a Poster by clicking “OK” or “Proceed” after selecting the image.
- As a final step, save and print out the Poster.
Using Rasterbator for creating poster:
To enlarge an image and make it poster-sized, Rasterbator is a popular tool on both Mac and Windows. It is a browser-based tool that allows you to create wall art the size of a poster, among other things, to your heart’s content. To accomplish this, the following steps are necessary:
- Rasterbator‘s official website can be accessed here.
- Create a poster from an image you’ve uploaded.
- Change the look and feel by adjusting the colour, font, and other settings.
- Select the poster size in the Output Size section. Rasterbator will use the number of sheets wide printed to calculate the image’s height.
- When you’re finished specifying, go ahead and click on the Rasterbate button.
- The image will be converted to a PDF file, which you can then save to your computer or mobile device.
- Select the Poster you downloaded earlier and print it out.
Printing a poster is the next step after learning how to create one or enlarge an image to poster-size and convert that image file into a PDF. Here’s how to go about it…
Step 2: Getting the Poster Printed on Multiple Pages
Printing on multiple pages can be done in a variety of ways after you complete the first step. Third-party tools like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Photoshop or Microsoft Office Package’s Word and Excel can also be used to create documents. To print a poster on multiple pages on a Mac, follow these steps:
Using Apple Pages App:
- You can save the image as a PDF by using the Print command, followed by the Save as PDF option.
- Pages App can now be used to open a PDF.
- Select Print from the drop-down menu in the menu bar.
- You’ll be presented with a setup window. You’ll see options like Image Size, Orientation, and more, so you can customise the image however you like.
- Set the Page Border to the Minimum Level and then press the Print button to finish printing.
- Photoshop should now be open with the image in it.
- Make sure the printer you’re using can handle the largest print size you’ve specified.
- Cut out sections of your image using the Marquee Tool once you know the poster’s dimensions.
- Copy each of these sections to the clipboard and print each one individually.
Note: Depending on the version of Photoshop you have installed on your computer, the exact steps will be different.
Using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- In order to view the image, you’ll need an Image/Picture Viewer App.
- To save the image, use the Print Command and choose Save as PDF.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF file now.
- When prompted, choose ‘Print’.
- The connected printer can be found by selecting Printer Name from the drop-down menu.
- Make the necessary adjustments to the Tile Scale, Overlap, and Image Orientation settings on the Poster tab to get the results you want.
- After you’ve double-checked everything, you’re ready to print.
- Go to the Image File and open it with Microsoft Excel Select Size and Properties.
- Select “Keep Aspect Ratio” to make sure that the Image will be safe from unrelated resizing.
- In order to print the image on more than one page, adjust the image’s height or width first.
It’s all over. You’ve mastered the art of printing a large image with ease. If you need to print a poster on multiple pages, the methods outlined above can be very helpful.