With a Chegg Study subscription, you can get 24/7 access to online tutors as well as course materials in hundreds of subjects. You can use it on your computer or download the app to your tablet/mobile phone. You must have a Chegg account to take advantage of these benefits. To pay for or renew subscriptions, your account must also include a valid payment method. But what if you want to change or remove a card from Chegg? Before we get into how to remove cards from Chegg, let’s first learn about Chegg.
A Brief Intro to Chegg
Chegg was founded in 2005 by Aayush Phumbhra and Osman Rashid, both Iowa State University students, as a low-cost textbook rental service for college students. The company has grown in size and shape over the years. Currently, it provides students with learning resources that help them understand their schoolwork better. It contains 37M Expert Q&As, 6M Textbook Solutions, video walkthroughs, practise sets, and much more..
How to Manage Payment Method/Credit Card on Chegg?
To change your payment method on Chegg, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Chegg account.
- Find “View my payment info” button used to know your current payment method(s).
- Click the button next to Add a new card option and enter your payment details.
- Then click on Save changes.
- To update current payment method, click Edit.
- Make changes to each field by adding new payment information and click Save changes.
Note: There is no direct option to remove a payment method, if you wish to remove card from Chegg you need to contact the support team via call or sending a message via chat.
How to Remove Card from Chegg?
Because there is no direct way to remove your card from Chegg, you can delete your account. You will be able to remove the payment method, whether it is a credit card or another, once the account has been deactivated.
How to Delete Chegg Account?
Even though Chegg provides a variety of services at reasonable prices, users frequently have their own reasons for deleting their Chegg account. One of the reasons could be the removal of credit card information from the account. Whatever your reason, you can easily delete your Chegg account by following the steps outlined below.
Deleting Chegg Account:
Deleting your Chegg account is not easy, but we’ve provided some simple solutions.
To begin, you must specify whether you want to cancel your subscription or delete your entire Chegg Account. It should be noted that deleting your Chegg Account deletes your entire profile, and you will no longer be able to use Chegg services.
Before you can delete your Chegg account, you must cancel all active subscriptions. After that, you can try any of the methods listed below to delete your Chegg account.
Method 1: Deleting Chegg Account via Chegg Website
To delete your Chegg account via the Chegg website, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to Chegg, official website of the company
- Log in to your account with valid username and password.
- Now head to My Account.
- Then Click the‘Chat Icon‘ / ‘Contact Us‘ option provided at the right-hand corner.
- Select ‘I want to close my Account’. Make sure to close all pending transactions and other active subscriptions. If you have any due or ongoing subscriptions, cancel them by clicking on ‘CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION’
- If not then proceed further by clicking ‘Chat with an advocate.’
- Answer the confirmation questions being asked to you and then submit your request stating that you wish to delete your Chegg Account.
Method 2 : Deleting Chegg Account via Request E-mail
- Log in to your email account (preferably the one which is registered with Chegg)
- Compose an email and mark it to “email@example.com”.
- Mention subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- Write the actual reason why you want to delete your Chegg account in the body section of the mail. (Don’t forget to mention your Chegg account details and email-id used while creating the account which will help the support team recognize the account belongs to you)
- Sent the email to submit your account deletion request.
You can also delete your Chegg account by contacting the Chegg support team via their social media handles. You must go to your Twitter or Facebook account and tweet or post with the hashtag @CheggHelp. The Chegg support team will respond to your inquiry and assist you in deleting your account.