As one of the most popular and widely used social media websites, Facebook has become a household name. Using this social networking and media sharing platform, you can post anything that comes to mind. Your Facebook timeline displays the posts you’ve made over and over again in chronological order. Here’s how to find a specific post on Facebook in 2022 if you’re having trouble finding it, or you’re just sick of scrolling down your timeline to look for posts from a specific year or month.
For more than a decade, the Mark Zuckerberg-founded site has worked tirelessly to incorporate new features that can enrich the user experience. A number of changes have recently been made to Facebook’s interface to give it an updated look and feel. This is a pity because it had an important feature called sort by year that allowed users to find posts created in a specific calendar year. It’s still not easy to find a specific post, even with that feature, and you have to keep scrolling through all of them in order to get there.
How to Search specific Facebook Post by Date in 2022?
There is no easy and direct method for sorting posts by date, despite Facebook’s constant efforts to improve search features, such as the ability to search for posts from a specific friend, page, or group. In the near future, you may be able to use a feature that allows you to quickly access older posts, but until then, you can use the following methods to search Facebook posts by date in 2022.
- The New Facebook Desktop or Facebook Normal App can be used to search for posts filtered up to a year back.
- Go back a month or a year using Facebook’s desktop search (Classic Look)
- Find posts based on the date they were made (on a specific day or between 2 dates) in a post on the Facebook Lite application
The only way to find old posts is to use the activity log. That means you can go back in time to find a specific post. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of how to do this.
However, there are a few things you should know first that could have an impact on the search options available on Facebook.
Considerations while using above Searches:
It appears to be simple, but it isn’t as straightforward as it appears. You must be aware of and take into account the following factors:
- You can search for a Facebook post by date depending on the device you are using to access Facebook (i.e. desktop or mobile). Additionally, in the case of mobile devices, it is dependent onFacebook app (i.e. Facebook Main App or Facebook Lite)is installed on your phone.
- The Facebook Classic Interface on Desktop and Facebook Lite App on Mobile offersome extra advanced search options for the users.
- While using Facebook Desktop, you must switch to Facebook Classic Look by using Down Icon provided on right side of the Home Page.
(Note: Recently, Facebook has stopped allowing most users to switch back to the Classic look. If you prefer the Facebook Classic interface, you can always use Chrome browser extensions like “Switch to Classic design on Facebook” to get it back.)
- In comparison to the New Facebook Look, Facebook Classic interface provides you more precise options to filter your search.
- Alternatively, on mobile, the Facebook Lite App can be more helpful than the main Facebook App allowing you to filter the post essentially up to a definite day or custom time period.
Step by Step Search Process to find Facebook Posts by Date:
Let’s get right down to the nitty-gritty of how to search Facebook posts by date using the aforementioned methods.:
Searching Facebook Posts by Date
- Go to the Facebook Search Bar and type the Relevant Keywords and then hit Enter key to initiate the search.
- The search results get displayed on the next screen; here you will find a lot of Tabs to narrow down the search results such as Posts, Photographs, People, Videos and so on.
- Now make a click on the Posts tab and this will again provide you with a set of options to filter the search results a bit more. These filters include Post From, Post Type, Posted in Group, Tagged Location and Date Posted. (You must note that you will get to see these options horizontally in Facebook App on mobile, while on laptop they are usually displayed vertically.)
- From among these filters, select Date Posted. This will filter the results for a particular year. To further narrow down the search you can filter it by the month, selecting the “Choose Date” option. In case you are using Facebook Lite App for this search, you can get to access additional options to go for a particular date or a customized time span between 2 specific dates.
For now, that’s it. Despite the lack of a built-in feature to search Facebook posts by date, the search function described above can be used to accomplish this goal. While using Facebook Desktop or Mobile, you must also keep in mind the points to keep in mind, including the app to be used for the search.
Do share this article with your friends and let them search through previous posts.