Discord, which debuted in 2015, is an ideal way for gamers to stay connected with pals while playing a game. Originally created for the gaming community, the application has gained appeal among a wide range of other users all around the world. It enables users to live-stream games as well as converse by voice, video, and text. The platform allows you to remove sent messages. But what if you wish to see deleted Discord messages? Is this possible?
This post will address your question about the ability to see deleted messages on Discord. Come on, let’s find out in this article.
Deleting message on Discord:
Discord, the gaming paradise, allows you to remove messages sent to other players. This can be accomplished by right-clicking the specific message and then clicking the “Delete” button. When you delete a message, it is automatically deleted for everyone else. In other words, once you remove the message once, the other people will no longer be able to see it. Similarly, if other users delete messages sent by them, you will not see them in your conversation.
Can you see deleted messages on Discord?
The answer is ‘Yes,’ you may be able to see deleted conversations on Discord. However, you will need to arrange for a few resources to complete the task. To view the deleted messages on Discoed, you must first download two applications: BetterDiscord and MessageLoggerV2. Following that, add MessageLoggerV2 to the plugins folder, and lastly, enable it to view deleted messages by viewing the log. Here’s how to view deleted Discord messages:
Steps to see deleted messages:
Step 1: Download BetterDiscord
The first step in completing the task is to download and install BetterDiscord. This program improves the overall functionality of Discord by utilizing plugins and themes that can be obtained from the BetterDiscord official website.
- To begin, go to the BetterDiscord website by clicking the following link: https://betterdiscord.app/.
- When you get to the website, click “Download” to acquire BetterDiscord.
- It will then prompt you to select one of three options: “Install BetterDiscord,” “Repair BetterDiscord,” or “Uninstall BetterDiscord.”
- To download BetterDiscord, click “Install BetterDiscord,” then “Next.”
- After clicking “Next,” you must select your Discord version from “Discord”, “Discord PTB”, or “Discord Canary”.
- Select “Discord” and then click “Install.”
BetterDiscord will be successfully installed on your device, and you will see a BetterDiscord pop-up displaying its current version. Close the pop-up by clicking the “x” icon, then proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Download MessageLoggerV2
After downloading BetterDiscord, you must now download MessageLoggerV2, a plugin that allows you to see deleted and altered messages on Discord. Here’s how you can acquire it.
- First and foremost, go to the following link:
- Click “Download” to get MessageLoggerV2.
- A warning message appears on the screen, stating that the file may do harm to your computer (although, there is no need to fear because the file is perfectly safe to use).
- To proceed and complete the download, click “Keep.”
- Add MessageLoggerV2 to the plugins folder & enable it
Once you’ve downloaded MessageLoggerV2, you must connect it to Discord by following the steps below:
- Start Discord on your computer.
- Click the gear icon to access Settings.
- There are other options available here, such as “My Account,” “User Profile,” “Privacy & Safety,” and so on.
- Scroll down to find the “BetterDiscord” header.
- To open the plugin library, click on “Plugins” under “BetterDiscord.”
- To open the plugins folder, click “Open Plugins Folder.”
- Locate and open the folder in which you saved MessageLoggerV2.
- Finally, drag and drop MessageLoggerV2 into the plugins folder to add it to Discord.
It’s time to turn on Message LoggerV2. To do so, take these steps:
- To enable MessageLoggerV2, click the switch next to it.
- When you enable MessageLoggerV2, a “Missing Libraries” pop-up will appear.
- Then, to get the missing library, select “Download Now.”
- This will bring up a few additional pop-ups for the “Missing
- Libraries” pop-up; click “Cancel” to dismiss it.
- Finally, you must enable XenoLib and ZeresPluginLibrary.
Step 4: Right-click the server & open logs
Using the techniques outlined below, you will now be able to see deleted and altered messages on Discord.
- Go to the Discord server and look for deleted messages.
- Now, right-click on the server and select Properties.
- A menu with many options will show on the screen.
- Locate and select the “Message Logger” option.
- This will bring up another menu.
- Click on “Open Logs” to view the server’s log.
Once you’ve completed the preceding procedures, the server’s log will open with four tabs: “Deleted,” “Edited,” “Purged,” and “Ghost pings.”
The “Deleted” tab displays all deleted messages on the server, whereas the “Edited” tab displays all edited messages on the server. This tab will also show the deleted message’s date and time.
You now understand how to view deleted messages on Discord!