The “History” tab on most video-sharing services, such as YouTube, Daily Motion, and others, allows you to see your watch history. If you are a TikTok user who needs to keep track of videos watched and is wondering if there is a feature to browse TikTok History.
This blog post has a solution for you. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it and learn how to view TikTok History.
Can you get a track of TikTok history?
TikTok, unlike YouTube or other similar sites, does not have a direct feature like “Watch History” that allows users to keep track of prior videos seen. However, TikTok users can complete the operation by obtaining a copy of their data file. This data file serves as a store for all of your app activity, and you can simply access your video browsing history.
As a result, in order to keep track of your TikTok viewing history, you must submit a request for your data file via the app.
How to see your watch history on TikTok?
To view your TikTok viewing history, you must first request your data file using the TikTok app. After downloading the file, download it and then open the “Video Browsing History” file, which contains all of the videos you’ve ever watched on TikTok.
Here are the specific steps to complete the task:
Step 1: Navigate to “Privacy”
- First, open the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Locate the “Me” symbol in the bottom navigation bar and tap it to see your profile.
- Three dots will appear in the top navigation bar of your profile. Tap it to access the settings and privacy options.
- There are numerous options available here, such as “Manage account,” “Privacy,” “Security and login,” and so on.
- To access your personalization and data, select “Privacy.” Continue to the following step to discover how to locate your personalization and data.
Step 2: Go to “Download your data”
- After clicking “Privacy,” you will be directed to the privacy page.
- There are three topics here: “Discoverability,” “Personalization and data,” and “Safety.”
- Under the “Personalization and data” section, select the “Personalization and data” option.
- Again, you will be presented with three options: “Personalized advertisements,” “Ads from third-party ad networks,” and
- “Download your data.”
- You can acquire a copy of your TikTok data by selecting “Download your data.” To proceed, simply tap on it.
3. Request data file & download it after 24 hours
In fact, this option will allow you to download not only your profile (containing the username, profile photo, a profile description, and contact information) but also your activity (including watch history) and app settings. To do so, you must complete the following:
- Tap on “Download your data,” and you’ll be taken to the “Request data” tab, where you can submit a request for your data file at any time.
- Now, select “Request data file,” followed by “Download data.” (Occasionally, in place of the “Download” button, you will see a “Pending” button, indicating that your data request is currently being processed.) It will be ready within 24 hours).
- The “Pending” button will be replaced with a “Download” button once your data file has arrived.
- Finally, click “Download” to obtain your data file.
It should be reminded that the file will only be available for download for four days after its arrival. As a result, you must guarantee that you download it inside the time limit.
Let’s go on to the following step to discover how to download a data file.
Step 4: Log in to your TikTok account
You will be directed to the TikTok login screen shortly after clicking the “Download” button. You must first log in to your current TikTok account. This should be done with a suitable option (either with Facebook account or with Google account considering the one which you have used at the time of creating your TikTok account).
After logging in, you may be asked to authenticate your account. To validate your account, click on the “Verify and Download” option. Once you’ve completed the essential step of uploading your data, move to the final step to locate your TikTok history.
5. Download your data & open the “Video Browsing History” file
When your account is authenticated, a pop-up notice will prompt you to download your TikTok data. “Do you wish to download “TikTok Data 123456789.zip?” for example.
Now, click “Download” to save your TikTok data.
It should be mentioned that if you have an iPhone, the TikTok data will be downloaded in the “Files” app. Once the download is complete, try to open the zip file. If you are having trouble opening the zip file, you can have it copied to your desktop by email/WhatsApp/Google Drive.
When you open the zip file, you will see multiple “.txt” files.
Scroll down and open the “Video Browsing History” file. Be patient as the page may take a few seconds or minutes to load.
This file contains all of the videos you’ve viewed on TikTok, as well as the date, time, and link to each video you’ve ever watched on TikTok.
That’s it. You now have a method for successfully exploring your TikTok history!