Vizio’s high-tech and incredibly immersive devices are within your financial reach. Since its debut, it has been marketed as a source for low-priced televisions. In spite of Vizio’s reputation for high-quality TVs, several of its customers have reported experiencing a problem known as the “Vizio black screen of death”.
Many Vizio TVs go dark and don’t come back on for unknown reasons, according to reports. If you’re one of the many Vizio TV owners who’s been plagued by the Black Death problem, the solutions listed below may be of assistance to you.
Why Vizio TV will not turn on?
There could be a number of reasons why a Vizio TV’s screen suddenly slips out. The most common cause of a Vizio TV that won’t switch on is a problem with the power supply. Multiple power supply boards, a T-Con board, and other machinery components are common in modern televisions.
There is a good chance that a Vizio TV Black Screen of Death is caused by one or more of these components, but you must first determine if the problem is related to one of them. Instead of rushing to the repair shop, you should try to address the problem yourself.
How to Fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death:
It is necessary to carry out a series of actions that may also be regarded as homely hacks in order to get to the bottom of the issue.
Fix 1: Check the Power Links
It’s always simple to take the appropriate approach. No need to panic, but first check to make sure no power links are loose. Check the connections and power by doing the following steps:
- After you’ve turned off the TV, be sure to unplug it.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for a long period of time.
- After a few moments (at least 30 seconds), let go of the button and plug in the power cable to switch on the TV.
If that doesn’t work, move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Sound Check
To do a sound check, follow the actions outlined in the following paragraphs:
Turn on the television set by pressing the appropriate button.
- Make sure the volume is turned up.
- Using a remote control, raise the volume.
- Try to pick out a distinct sound or vibration from the surrounding environment.
- There may be an issue with the sound itself if you are able to listen to the sound clearly.
Proceed to the next step if the problem persists, otherwise.
Fix 3: Flashlight Fix
Using the “flashlight” test, you can narrow down the problem if your Vizio TV has a black screen with sound but no picture. This is going to be a huge help in figuring out what’s going on.
- Find a bright flashlight and turn on the TV.
- Place the flash light a few inches away from the TV screen and aim it at the screen.
- If you see a picture on the screen, this indicates that the TV’s inverter panel may have failed.
It’s possible to fix the Vizio TV black screen problem in addition to the methods outlined above.
Fix 4: Power Board Replace:
A layperson may have difficulty removing or repairing the power panel because of potential compatibility difficulties. The model number, which varies from TV to TV, is the primary cause of this. As a result, it’s best to leave it to a professional to handle it. It’s possible to solve the problem yourself if you have a basic understanding of circuits and electronic devices. To make things right, you’ll require the following:
- A soft cloth or towel to drape over your television set as you watch a show.
- a Philips-head screwdriver (the scale changes depending on the height of the screen).
- Screws can be replaced in this reservoir.
Steps to fix Power Board:
- Place the TV face down on a protected surface.
- Detach all the back screws with a screwdriver.
- Make sure all the fuses are on the screen before proceeding. (there may be a total of five of these)
- Make sure there are no blown fuses. It is possible that a burst fuse may be to blame, rather than the actual board.
- All wires that are attached to the control board must be disconnected.
- Remove the board by untwisting the twists that hold it in place.
- Remove the board. Screw the replacement board in place carefully after putting it in place.
- Check to see that all of the connections and cables have been properly connected.
- Set the back cover in place and secure it.
- Check to see if the remedy worked by turning on the television.
Fix 5: Fix Other Failed Components
As with the power board, if the inverter board or any other component of your television fails, the same technique can be applied to get the issue repaired. It’s best if you can do the repair yourself, but if not, you should seek the help of a certified television technician.
Cross-check the warranty before you do anything. You must contact Vizio Technical Support if your TV is still covered under warranty.
Hopefully, by following the steps outlined above, you’ll be able to bring your television back to normal. We recommend that you contact Vizio and get your TV repaired under warranty (if applicable) or at a service location in your area.